Saturday, April 9, 2011

Simple Strawberry Syrup

I purchased an Angel Food Cake from my grocery store today (sorry, I would love to show you how to make your own, but I don't have a beater/mixer). Because strawberries were on sale, I bought some and decided to make the easiest topping for my cake: simple strawberry syrup. Here is what you need:
Only strawberries, white sugar and angel food cake. The first step is to rinse your strawberries, and trim off their stems. Once your strawberries are prepped, place them into a bowl. With a sharp knife, cut through the strawberries inside of the bowl. Cut through the strawberries until they are cut to your desired size. If you want your strawberries to be finely cut, you can either use a food processor, or a pastry cutter (as I used).
After cutting your strawberries, add some white sugar. For one carton of strawberries I used 2-3 Tablespoons. Of course, you can add as much or as little as you'd like.

Cover the bowl of cut and sugared strawberries and refrigerate overnight.
 Finally, scoop onto your angel food cake and enjoy! For variations, you can use a variety of fruit. Another favorite of mine is tangerines. Have fun experimenting with different options and enjoy your simple syrup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to leave a comment :)